Monday, October 15, 2012

Take Responsibility.

Are you mad at someone? Has someone done you wrong? Do you constantly place fault on someone or something, for events that didn't turn out in your favor? Think about this...

For every finger you point, 3 point back at you. Events that transpire are a direct effect of something YOU caused, good and bad. What you are mad at in another being, is in reality, you being mad at something in yourself.

Take for instance, a rumor. We've all heard them, and we've all been the victim of one or more at some point. When you find a person who may have started it or spread it, you may choose to confront this person, or you may choose to hate this person. Either way, IT IS YOUR FAULT. Allow me to clarify... I recently heard through the rumor-mill things that one of my friends said about a past relationship of mine. The things that I was told were not true, and I got upset that my friend had been talking about my past relationship to other people. I called my friend out with a sharp tongue. This was a mistake. Annoying as it is that this person was spreading a rumor, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was MY FAULT that this had happened. I had told my friend a little bit about my past relationship, and it was enough for my friend to form an opinion and come to a conclusion about MY relationship. The relationship that my friend formed an opinion on was simply because I gave up enough information for my friend to take sides on. It is not my place, or your place, to give up enough information about another person. I had to stand up and take responsibility for letting the rumor-mill suck up my story, and spit it out to the filth it had become. If you want to talk to a friend about a situation I realized I have to make sure it is unambiguous and own everything I say. ^^This is a random post from months ago that I am just now deciding to post. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment