Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Crumbs and Bums VS. Snakes and Steaks

I read a quote recently, "I'd rather eat crumbs with bums...than eat steaks with snakes." Interesting way to put it, but YES! Recently something has been jumping out at me, friends, true friends, are harder to find once you hit adult life. Why is that? The older you get do people become more shady? No. What my philosophy is, is that people just seem to narrow their goals the older they get and if you aren't included in whatever they have planned, people stop caring and taking your feelings into consideration. People become more selfish. I must say, I am very happy where I am in my life, and I have taken on the role of letting people go in my life if they don't enhance it in some way, but that is NOT a reason be unkind. There is a balance that can be found between real friends and keeping who you are. There is no reason to be unpleasant to anyone ever. Things you don't like in someone are because they are a reflection of something you don't like in yourself. I wish more people would take the Thumper approach to life, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". There is no reason to be a fake friend to anyone, just recognize the friendship you can have with someone and adjust to fit that mold. Don't be a fake person, because in the end I think that we'd all rather bum around with people that genuinely care, than live lavishly with those who wish us harm. Something to remember though, there will always be fakers out there, just try not to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment